WTG’s Award Winning Energy Event – Smart Grids Summit Programme is Now Released
The Best Energy Conference Award winner*, The Smart Grids Summit, is confirmed to be taking place on 28th – 30th January 2013 in Berlin, Germany.
Online PR News – 09-July-2012 – Berlin, Germany – The Best Energy Conference Award winner*, The Smart Grids Summit, is confirmed to be taking place on 28th – 30th January 2013 in Berlin, Germany. The summit will bring together Europe’s leading electricity grid distribution specialists, investors and regulators to share insights into the immediate challenges and projects now started to realise the Smart Grid vision. In addition, a focus day will be added this year’s summit programme in order to share the latest smart grids enabling technologies.
Key Learning Outcomes from the 2013 summit will include:
• Smart cities and regions: realising all the smart grid and smart home concepts in one city
• Customer management: demand response management and creating customer value and loyalty
• Operational excellence: enabling smart grid security, minimising risks, enabling automation and improving reliability
• Creating ICT platforms for sustainable growth: interoperability and strategies to meet the communication demands of the smart grid
• The extent of micro generation’s role in Europe’s energy mix
In its 4th year, the Smart Grids Summit 2013 programme will provide invaluable insights into the most important projects, research and developments making Europe a world leader in energy technology and innovation.
This year’s programme’s highlighted sessions and key speakers include:
• Establishing the Energy Systems of the Future: Anatomy of Grid4EU Project
o Part 1- Realisation of large-scale demonstration of advanced smart grid solutions with wide replication and scalability potential for Europe
Jean-Baptiste Galland, Director Strategy and Smart-Grids of ERDF, ERDF Distribution, France
o Part 2- GRID4EU in Germany: Demonstrating that European MV networks can use the concept of autonomous, self-organising nodes
Andreas Breuer, Vice President, New Technologies/Projects, RWE Deutschland AG, Germany
• Energy Storage Applications: Gaining Momentum
Urban Keussen, Senior Vice President Technology & Innovation, E.ON AG, Germany
• Address Project: Plugging in the Consumer: Enabling Active Participation of Commercial and Domestic Consumers in the Market for the Success of Smart Grid Projects
Paola Petroni, VP, Infrastructure & Networks Division, Enel, Italy
• InovCity Concept in Évora: Showcasing a Smart Grid for a Smart City: How We Did It?
Gonçalo Castelo Branco, Director Planning and Control, EDP, Portugal
• Nurturing Collaborations for the Success of a Smart Grid
Marcus Merkel, Regulation Manager, EWE, Germany
Attending this exclusive smart grids event will allow you to take part in:
• Streamed sessions with in-depth presentations allowing you to tailor the agenda to your own requirements
• Case studies from experts detailing real industry developments and practical advice for smart energy and utility professionals
• Pre-scheduled one-to-one meetings, maximising your networking opportunities with smart grid solution providers and consultancies
• A product and service exhibition where you can identify the latest technologies to support your smart grid project
• Workshops with interactive participation, specialist advice and Q&A sessions
For more information about the Smart Grids Summit please visit the event website www.thesmartgridsummit.com or join the conversation in the Smart Grids LinkedIn Group.
About World Trade Group:
World Trade Group (WTG) is a leading global integrated media company. Operating within the sectors of energy, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, manufacturing and supply chain and HR, we organise and run some of the leading annual business events, bringing together senior executives from world class organisations for a unique blend of knowledge sharing, networking and deal making.
WTG - helping the world do business since 1997.
For more information on WTG's range of events and services, visit our website at: www.worldtradegroup.com
- Ends -
Laurann de Verteuil, Marketing Manager
World Trade Group
T: +44 (0)20 7202 7669