SAFE International, North America’s Self Defense Leader, Launches High School Self Defense
SAFE International is a leading provider of high school self defense training in North America. SAFE International is pleased to announce its expansion into Milwaukee, Wisconsin with a focused marketing campaign to provide self defense to high school students.
Online PR News – 11-August-2012 – Milwaukee, Wisconsin, August 10, 2012 (Straight Line PR) – SAFE International™ is the leading provider of self defense training in North America. It currently operates throughout North America and has expanded into Milwaukee, Wisconsin with a focused marketing campaign to provide Milwaukee high school self defense to both female and male students. SAFE International has delivered training to more than 150,000 high school students since 1994.
SAFE International™ believes that Personal Self Defense Protection Education beginning at the High School level helps to develop and ensure that teenage students transition into our communities and workplaces as more confident and responsible individuals helping to strengthen our communities. SAFE International has become North America’s most popular high school / junior high school course for both boys and girls due to the fact that we are not teaching martial arts, but rather a practical approach to personal safety with an emphasis on recognizing and avoiding potentially dangerous situations. All of our instructors are certified through SAFE International and have a unique ability to reach the students in an effective and memorable manner. Teaching teenage students poses unique and exciting challenges. With the bombardment of media and entertainment, trying to entertain teenagers can be one of the most challenging aspects of teaching Milwaukee self-defense.
Unfortunately, 1 in 4 Women will be assaulted during their lifetime... and the highest risk group is teenage women! This course has the option of either three or four, or five days of physical instruction. Physical Instruction includes basic striking, common attack scenarios, ground survival and our famous simulated attack class. In this hour, students get the opportunity to practice what they have learned in a high adrenaline simulated attack. Students experience firsthand what is known as an adrenaline dump and how it affects their ability to fight back. The students quickly learn why they are only able to execute gross motor strikes and movements. Another important aspect of the attacks is to give the students confidence, but not a false sense of over-confidence.
It is important when selecting a High School Self Defense company, that you choose the right company.
1) Does the company teach Reality Based self defense or Martial Arts? While martial arts are an excellent activity, they do not address what happens in real life with the psychology, emotions and realistic attacks in the street.
2) Does the company put some emphasis on How to Avoid Danger? Most self defense companies jump right into physical skills while ignoring the most important aspect of high school self defense which is to avoid conflict.
3) Does the company teach the students verbal skills, teaching them how to defuse an attacker? Many attackers can be talked down (defused). This is a very important skill which must be addressed.
4) Does the company brag about all their credentials rather than pointing out how they can make the students safer? While you want someone with excellent credentials, you do not want someone who is there for their own ego.
5) Does the company teach strikes that are basic, gross motor movements? In a real attack, no one can remember highly complex skills. This is another important reason why SAFE International teaches concepts rather than techniques. Do they have the students strike pads or do they have students strike in the air? It is important the students experience making contact.
6) Does the company tell you that they can teach Milwaukee High School self defense without any strikes, so that you do not need to be concerned with them becoming aggressive? While we always emphasize run when you can, you must teach students basic strikes or you are not helping them to address real self defense. The goal is to avoid but if you can’t, use verbal skills and if that fails, strike in order to be able to get away safely.
7) Does the company teach realistic holds, grabs, groundwork which is applicable to the students or are they more concerned with looking good, teaching fancy techniques?
8) Does the company offer a class with Realistic Simulated Attacks recreating the intensity and adrenaline of a real attack? Is it done in a safe format? Some companies have students break boards or punch in the air for a final test. Recreating simulated attacks is crucial in making your students safer.
9) Does the company have an excellent reputation, having taught literally thousands and thousands of students? Knowing how to deal with high school students takes a particular skill and not all self defense instructors are able to do it effectively.
10) Does the company have hundreds of evaluations from both teachers and students?
To schedule your Milwaukee High School self defense course, please visit www.highschoolselfdefense.com You can also email Chris Roberts, CEO, directly by email at email@example.com or toll free at 1-800-465-5972
SAFE International™ is North America’s most popular high school personal safety awareness and self defense course for both boys and girls. They deliver a practical approach to personal safety which includes classroom instruction and physical instruction with an emphasis on recognizing and avoiding potentially dangerous situations. Here are some tips when choosing a high school self defense company for your students.
Copyright 2014 Online PR Media | PO Box 5043 | La Quinta, CA 92248