Fairhaven Celebrates Compassion, Public Service at First Annual Oliver Halsell Care Awards
Six Orange County Residents honored for “serving from the heart”
Online PR News – 07-November-2012 –Fairhaven Memorial honored six Orange County individuals at the first annual Oliver Halsell Care Awards on Thursday, November 1 at Fairhaven Memorial Services in Mission Viejo. The recognition program pays tribute to local residents who have had an indelible impact on both their community and the individuals they serve by caring for others. The program is derived from Fairhaven’s longstanding mission of “serving from the heart.”
“This year, we’ve recognized six remarkable individuals. Each of them has displayed unparalleled compassion and kindness through a commitment to helping others that reaches far beyond the call of service,” said Marla Noel, President of Fairhaven. “With contributions ranging from advocacy to grief support to caregiving, our Care Award recipients have worked diligently to improve people’s lives by steadfastly placing service above self.”
Fairhaven, an Orange County mortuary and memorial park with locations in Santa Ana and Mission Viejo, announced the recognition program in early 2012. Recipients come from many fields including private care, hospice, social work, counseling, assisted living, nursing, therapy and volunteer work.
Fairhaven’s 2012 Care Award honorees are:
• Dr. Debra Holland, a noted author, psychotherapist and grief counselor who has offered her services to American Airlines flight crews following the 9/11 attacks, victims of Hurricane Katrina, and countless others, helping people through difficult times in their lives.
• Barry Barnhill, critical care nurse at Mission Hospital, who recognized the important bond formed between nurse and patient 17 years ago and has been working to meet the needs of patients and their families ever since.
• Ruth Dooley, director of social services at Hospice Care of California, who has made providing a community of care and support for caregivers a top priority.
• Reverend Gary Tucker, bereavement coordinator at Odyssey Hospice, dedicated Alzheimer’s Association volunteer and volunteer chaplain for the Santa Ana Police Department.
• Shirley Dimapilis, medical tech at The Wellington, who is treasured by residents and staff alike for her strong passion for tending to residents’ needs and for treating each person she helps as though they are her own family.
• Patty Mouton, vice president of outreach & advocacy at the Orange County chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. The effects of her work can be seen in the improved care and resources for those with dementia throughout Orange County.
Fairhaven executives and Care Award honorees attended the dinner, accompanied by their family, friends and colleagues.
About Fairhaven’s Oliver Halsell Care Award
Fairhaven’s Oliver Halsell Care Award pays tribute to Orange County individuals whose kindness and dedication to serving others is inspirational. These courageous individuals go above and beyond their job descriptions to serve with the utmost care and compassion. Fairhaven’s Oliver Halsell Care Award winners come from many fields including private care, hospice, social work, counseling, assisted living, nursing, therapy and volunteer work.
For more information and to nominate a deserving candidate, visit Fairhaven’s website: http://www.fairhavenmemorial.com/community/oliver-halsell-care-award or email CareAwards@FairhavenMemorial.com.
Founded in 1911 by Oliver Halsell to provide a peaceful and comforting place for families to honor their loved ones, Fairhaven Memorial Park & Mortuary is Orange County’s most beautiful independently owned and operated full-service mortuary, crematory and cemetery. With the memorial park and mortuary in Central Orange County and an elegantly appointed mortuary in South Orange County, Fairhaven offers a wide range of pre-need and at-need services provided with care and compassion. Fairhaven is dedicated to celebrating the individual, providing services that are as unique and wide-ranging as the people they celebrate. Additional information is available at www.fairhavenmemorial.com.
Copyright 2013 Online PR Media | PO Box 5043 | La Quinta, CA 92248