Sidney Sees All (Or At Least 73% Of It) - Friedman's 23 Predictions For 2013
Best-selling author, mentalist, futurist and mind power expert Sidney Friedman releases his 23 Predictions For 2013 following another year of uncanny accuracy, predicting 2012's NYC floods, Jennifer Aniston's engagement, the unemployment rate, Oscars and more.
Online PR News – 24-December-2012 – Chicago, IL – Chicago, IL -- Bedbugs in Boston? Monsoon in Montana? What will occur in the year ahead? One person, Sidney Friedman, may actually have the prescience to know.
Mentalist, best-selling author, and corporate mind power expert Sidney Friedman releases his 23 predictions for 2013 (see below) with the credibility of a documented track record at 73% accuracy over 15 years of stating predictions on shows like ABC-TV’s The View, NBC-TV’s Today Show, ABC-TV's 20/20, and numerous other local and national TV and radio shows. This includes a near perfect record of predicting Oscar winners, only missing twice in that period. And since he began including economic foresights four years ago, Friedman has been on target predicting the exact trend of the stock market and unemployment figures.
And in 2012, far above his average, Sidney Friedman was a remarkable 84% accurate.
Perhaps the most extraordinary Friedman prognostications of this past year were the following, as published in a New York Post article, January 2nd, 2012. Friedman stated, "Snow was BIG news last year in New York City. This year it's water!!!" He also predicted, "Strangely, for a short time there is an UNOCCUPYING of Wall Street." As it turned out, both of these foretold the ravaging effects of one of the most unlikely weather incidents for that metropolis, Hurricane Sandy, where Wall Street shut down, evacuations occurred, the markets closed, and water flooded much of the city, subways and islands.
Among numerous other accuracies, Friedman also predicted:
- facts about the presidential election (Obama winning and carrying two southern states)
- Jennifer Aniston’s engagement
- an “unusual bug” in Brooklyn
- Oscar winners (he's nearly 100% on the Oscars over 15 years)
- the trend of the stock market
- and an on-target prediction re the unemployment rate
But as Sidney says, "Most of the future is unpredictable. That is as it should be. But once in a while the curtain parts ever-so-slightly, revealing a glimpse of tomorrow's theater. We all get these hunches. Through a variety of techniques, I attempt to interpret what many of these impressions truly mean, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. Always though, my intention of releasing these foresights is for fun and curiosity."
1) Contrary to current tension, and against all reasoned historical probability, there is an unusual, unexpected calm with a period of peaceful understanding in the Middle East by summer of this year between either Israel and the Palestinians, or Israel and Iran, achieved not by political leaders, but by common citizens.
2) In a quasi shake-up, Jimmy Fallon is named host of NBC-TV’s “Tonight Show,” replacing Jay Leno.
3) A massive amount of dead fish are seen floating in an east coast bay.
4) Though this movie is not getting the pub that others are garnering, I foresee OSCAR gold bestowed upon Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook) for Best Actress. NOTE: AS IS THE CASE EVERY YEAR, I DO NOT SEE ANY OF THE MOVIES PRIOR TO THESE PREDICTIONS.
5) With stiff competition from potential nominees Helen Hunt, Sally Field and others, I see Anne Hathaway (Les Miserables) triumphantly holding the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress.
6) Even though stalwarts like Robert DeNiro and Leonardo DiCaprio will be nominated in this category, my vision is Tommy Lee Jones (Lincoln) winning the Best Supporting Actor Oscar.
“Most of the future is unpredictable. That is as it should be.”
7) In some of the more odd and highly unpredictable categories, Zero Dark Thirty wins the OSCAR for best original screenplay, and Life of Pi wins for cinematography.
8) I foresee two other OSCAR event images: Something occurs with shaking. And while each year, a huge variety of styles and fabrics are seen on women who stroll the OSCAR red carpet, the men wear the basic black tuxedo. Except for this year! For 2013, I see strikingly metallic tuxedos for one or several men.
9) A new, odd, unexpected source of fuel for cars, trucks and/or machinery is announced.
10) Regarding the United States economy, as you know, I began doing economic predictions just after the “bubble burst” of 2008, and each year I have been correct on the overall trend of the Dow and other aspects of the economy (i.e. the unemployment rate), much of it predicting trends and numbers that superseded the forecasts of most analysts and pundits. In addition, in 2008, my stated long-term vision was that a recovery would indeed occur, with the economic engine fully recovering by about 2015 to 2016. So far, that timetable is exactly on track with even more improvement in 2013. ... And for 2013, home prices overall continue to rise. Rental prices overall begin to decline after 2012’s high rates. In the sales market, home inventory is still low, but increases by Fall. ...Last year, again against most punditry I predicted a drop of the unemployment rate to 7.6%, which was spot on target. 2013 will see the unemployment rate drop to 6.8% with an outside chance of 6.5%. ...As if we haven’t had enough of these, yet another banking debacle will occur this year. ...The U.S. stock market is due for an after-shock, a re-shuffling, a delayed final tremor from the 2008 market quake. Whether it occurs this year or in 2014 is not in focus as yet, so I will give a 24-month prognostication. At some point during this two-year period, expect a relatively sudden and panicked drop of 6% to 11%, followed by not much movement for several months, followed by a steady but major rebound. Specific to 2013, there will be significant fluctuation in the early part of the year and again in early Fall. At some point during this two-year cycle (2013 and 2014), the DOW twice will rise anywhere from 11% to 14% higher than where are now, and with a good probability of 2013 finishing 7% to 10% higher. So in spite of the after-shock I mentioned, there are times for the investor to make money. Also, expect the color red and the number 211 or 121 to have significance on Wall Street. In time, the meaning will be clear. Most important, remember, it’s a market of stocks, not a stock market. Always consult an investment adviser and add their thoughts to your own knowledge and intuition.
11) What this exactly means, I don’t know, but for a time, a huge portion of the internet goes dark.
12) A recurring vision of mine, too striking to ignore, is that the eating of bugs gains a following.
13) Big voice, new tiny waist. …Although she’s strongly independent of worry about what others think, Christina Aguilera goes on some type of retreat and in the process returns significantly slimmer.
14) Monogram the towels with just a “K.” …After a brief parting, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West will announce they are tying the Knot. And btw: Kim’s divorce from Kris Humphries will be finalized by summer. That’s a lot of K’s. (Speaking of which, let’s hope none of this is done in a Kangaroo Court.)
15) Justice and Justin. …There is a court case involving a family member of Justin Bieber. In another matter entirely, I also sense and envision a period of silence regarding Justin along with another vision involving one of his arms in some significant way.
16) A shock of white light is seen in the night sky in several regions of the country this winter or spring.
17) While I truly hope this does not occur, I foresee a medical condition that sidelines Vice President Joe Biden.
18) A huge discovery is made, or a significant event occurs, regarding solar flares.
19) The number 9, the number 2, and a heart-shaped image in the sky in some way will be part of this year’s events.
20) A plague-like pandemic affects populations in Europe and to some extent in the USA. Much of it ironically occurs in hospitals.
21) TECH-nically speaking: A tech company will announce in 2013 (or at the latest by summer 2014), a flexible tablet that rolls up or folds up. While most mobile phone manufacturers are launching larger displays, Apple announces and releases a “mini iPhone” geared toward children and also under-served populations around the world. Also, with speculation on this for several years, 2013 is the year Apple finally launches a “smart TV.” And the big news is in spite of negative reviews and a shaky launch, WINDOWS 8 sees excellent signs of catching on.
22) Overall for the world, we are in a two to three year cycle of rebirth, not just economically, but a repairing of the world, so to speak, in many areas of concern for individuals and societies. Revelations will occur and renovations will begin.
23) And for the umpteenth year, I predict the Chicago CUBS will finally make it to the World Series. …And I’ll keep predicting it until they do. (I also predict, through eternity, I might never be right on this.)
Regarding the techniques Friedman uses to hone in on what the subconscious tells us about the future, Friedman is the author of a national best-selling book, "Your Mind Knows More Than You Do," which reached #8 on Amazon.
To the highest reviews, Friedman has been hired by hundreds of corporations, associations, and charities to teach and entertain with his Mind Power Training and Mind Power Show, both delving into the telepathic and intuitive powers of the subconscious mind. Friedman's corporate clients include Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, John Hancock, Campbell's Soup, McDonald's, Quaker Oats, Harris Bank, Navteq, Motorola, Nortel, Abbott, Merck and hundreds more. Plus, in the last five years, his shows and trainings have helped to raise nearly 40 million dollars for various charity organizations. Friedman is also known as "the mentalist to the stars" (CHICAGO TRIBUNE) for his many celebrity clients, who along with many other individuals seek his advice with personal consultations.
For more information, contact: