New Healthcare Reform Law's Likely Affect on Medicare Beneficiaries
Touchstone Health, a Medicare Advantage health plan in New York, issues important health care information and facts about the new reform bill and it's affect on Medicare Advantage beneficiaries.
Online PR News – 07-May-2010 – – New York, NY: For Medicare beneficiaries wondering how the new healthcare reform bill will affect them, Touchstone Health, a Medicare Advantage health plan in New York, highlights some of the most important health care reform bill facts:
- If you are one of 4 million Medicare beneficiaries who hit the gap in their Medicare Part D prescription drug benefits, better known as the “donut hole,” you will get a $250 rebate in 2010.
It’s too early to know what long-term effect the new health care reform bill will have on Medicare Advantage beneficiaries. However, cuts to plans in a high-cost area like New York City will be phased in gradually over as many as seven years.
The overall health care proposal is expected to extend healthcare benefits to 32 million uninsured Americans and cost approximately $938 billion over the next decade, according to the Congressional Budget Office. Cuts in spending on government programs, including Medicare, and revenues from new taxes and fees will reduce future federal deficits by $143 billion over a decade, according to the budget office.
This press release is based on unbiased health care reform information from the following resources:
1. Congressional Budget Office. “Medicare Advantage Enrollment and Additional Benefits” March 18, 2010. cbo.gov/doc.cfm?index=11355&zzz=40566
2. Reuters. “Q+A: How does healthcare overhaul affect Medicare?” reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62J1FS20100322
3. Kaiser Health News. “The Immediate Effects Of The Health Reform Bill” kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2010/March/22/immediate-effects-health-reform.aspx
4. The New York Times. “Making Sense of the Health Care Debate” March 23, 2010.
5. Healthcare Media. “How Care Reform Provisions Look in Over 10 Years” March 23, 2010.
6. Associated Press: “A Look at the Details of the Healthcare Overhaul Bill” March 22 2010.
To read additional health care reform news and to learn more about the changes to the health care industry, please visit http://www.TouchstoneHealthNow.com.
# # #
About Touchstone Health
Copyright 2015 Online PR Media | 507 Casazza Dr Ste A, Reno, NV 89502