Impress Computers, Katy and West Houston's largest Lenovo and HP Server Dealer
Impress Computers maintains HP Dell and Lenovo Servers
Online PR News – 28-February-2013 –Impress Computers continues to grow the small business server market in Katy and West Houston with HP, Dell and Lenovo Servers.
Lenovo has some great entry level servers in the $600 to $700 range with their TS130 Thinkserver range. These are great starter servers for companies who have 3-10 computer networks. The server comes standard with a 500gb hard drive and 4gb of memory which is upgradeable to 16gb. Impress Computers recommends using a RAID system on servers and will ususally add another 2 hard drives running on a RAID1 for redundancy.
For Mid Range companies, Lenovo has the ThinkServer TS430 series, whilst HP offers the ML350. Both these servers start in the $1200 range. The come standard with 4gb of memory and an upgrade path to 288gb. These are great servers for companies running a 10-30 computer network
Larger companies running a network of 30-100 computer will want to look at the Thinkserver RD630. This is a rack mounted Enterprise-Grade Server that runs with 2 processors, and is upgradeable to 320gb of memory and can hold 8 hard drives. These are normally setup with a RAID 1+0 system and have a lot of flexibility with upgrades.
In addition to offering traditional servers, Impress Computers will sit down with the client and discuss cloud and NAS drive options that may be more economoical.
How are some goods tips to consider when upgrading or purchasing a server.
1. Plan for future growth. Look for a server that can be scaled up as your requirements grow. Sometimes there is a tendancy to go with a less expensive model, which you may outgrow with a few years.
2. If your business is likely to suffer financially from a server outage, buy a server that includes readily available components and software, to minimize downtime.
3. Don't forget to include operating-system costs when pricing servers. Unlike desktop systems, most servers do not include a preinstalled OS. This can add another $800 or more to the price tag. Check with your software vendor to ensure which os is the most compatible.
4. If your organization has little or no IT staff, consider a value-added reseller (VAR) that will do a free on-site assessment of your infrastructure to help determine which server best fits your business requirements.
5. Server migration from the old server to the new server needs to be handled by an IT professional to prevent downtime and lost data.
6. Determine how much room you want to devote to your network infrastructure now and in the future. Tower systems are fine, but if you have serious space constraints, a rack-optimized server may be a better choice.
7. If you go with a rack-mounted configuration, remember to factor in the costs for racks and accessories such as cabling trays and power supplies (including rack-mounted UPS devices).
8. Buy from established manufacturers or VARs. In going with a lesser-known manufacturer or reseller, you run the risk of having nowhere to turn for warranty service or support.
9. Warranty service should be three years with next-day, on-site service (except for value models, which usually come with one-year warranties).
If you are considering upgrading your server or purchasing a server for the first time contact Impress Computers for a free consultation.
Impress Computers is a Christian based, owner managed, Computer Company conveniently located on Fry Rd on the border of Houston and Katy. They have been in this location since 2003 and are a full service computer store. Impress Computers carries a wide range of computer parts, along with HP, Dell, Lenovo and Acer Computers and Canon, HP, Samsung and Brother Printers. All technicians are fully qualified with over 20 years experience each. They may be contacted on 281-647-9977 or at the storefront at 1718 Fry Rd Ste 315 Houston TX 77084 or on the web www.impresscomputers.com