“Caravans nowadays can be luxurious, comfortable places, with the latest gadgets and gizmos. A caravan holiday offers all that other holidays do, but without the worry of a hefty price tag” Richard Burgess, Director at Cover4Caravans
Online PR News – 22-March-2013 –With people tightening their belts and cutting down on their spending, caravan insurance specialists Cover4caravans.co.uk have carried out a survey* to discover just how people’s holidaying habits have been affected.
The study revealed that:
• despite the economic turmoil, 58% of people say they will be holidaying this year;
• 37% plan to go abroad;
• 75% of those questioned have holidayed in a caravan – or are planning to do so this year;
• 95% have caravanned in the UK, while 10% have holidayed both in the UK and abroad;
• females favour caravanning more than their male counterparts (87% vs. 69%);
• people in the 30-39 age band are the most prolific caravanners, compared to those in the 50-59 age bracket (100% vs. 57%);
• some reasons for not wanting to holiday in a caravan include that they are “too basic” (49%) and also there is a stigma attached (8%).
Commenting on the research, Richard Burgess, Director at Cover4Caravans, says: "The study has shown that, for some people, a holiday in a caravan still carries images of being a noisy, cramped, tin on wheels, with communal showers and poor facilities."
“Caravans nowadays can be luxurious, comfortable places, with the latest gadgets and gizmos. A caravan holiday offers all that other holidays do, but without the worry of a hefty price tag”
"This has changed, however, and caravans nowadays can be luxurious, comfortable places, with the latest gadgets and gizmos. A caravan holiday offers all that other holidays do, but without the worry of a hefty price tag."
"Certainly, with celebrities like Patrick Duffy (aka Bobby Ewing), Dame Helen Mirren, 80s’s popstar Gary Numan, and Jamie Oliver** reportedly being keen caravanners – people who you may normally expect to see at a 5 star luxury hotel - there should no longer be a stigma attached to a caravanning holiday."
"Maybe it’s time for holiday park owners to start promoting just how modern their caravans really are and help change people’s perceptions."
*Independent study carried out on behalf of Cover4caravans.co.uk by Usurv, March 2013
With roots going back to 1946, clients can benefit from 66 years’ of experience in the caravan insurance marketplace. Cover4Caravans are independent intermediaries and act on behalf of their clients in arranging their caravan insurances. The service includes advising clients on their insurance needs, arranging insurance cover with insurers to meet those requirements and help with any ongoing changes that have to be made to their caravan insurance policies.