Online fundraising software services provider, DoJiggy, announces 2013 award recipients for their annual DoJiggy Giving™ program, which supports nonprofits through cash donations.
Online PR News – 29-January-2014 – Boulder, CO – Online fundraising software services provider, DoJiggy, announces award recipients for their annual DoJiggy Giving™ program, which supports nonprofits and community organizations through cash donations and in-kind software services based on a percentage of the company’s annual profits.
The DoJiggy Giving Program distributed $5,000 in cash awards this year to five non-profit organizations operating in North America with a budget of under $1 million USD. Each award recipient received a $1,000 grant to support specific fundraising programs. Award recipients were selected based on the following criteria: (1) Overview of the organization’s cause and need for financial support (2) Purpose of funding and (3) Efforts to spread the word and gain support for their nomination via social media.
2013 Award Recipients
$1,000 awards were presented to the following organizations:
* Project Sweet Peas provides comfort to families with children in the intensive care units and to those who have experienced pregnancy and infant loss. DoJiggy funds will be used to distribute "My Sweet Pea's NICU Journal" which allows parents to track baby's stats, record thoughts & milestones made.
* Give Hope, Fight Poverty aims to foster philanthropy domestically by designing service-learning programs that engage US students & professionals with communities abroad and work together to educate, empower and lift orphaned and vulnerable children out of poverty. Funds from the DoJiggy grant will go towards providing electricity needed for a computer literacy program.
* Mental Health America of Fredericksburg addresses all aspects of mental health and mental illness though advocacy, education, supportive services and legislation. Funds from the DoJiggy grant will be used to support the mental health HelpLine that includes: a web based listing of agencies and practitioners with self-reported specialty issues, and advice for those seeking help.
* The Child Abuse Prevention Center seeks to significantly reduce the incidence of child abuse and neglect in Westchester County, New York by providing parents with the tools needed to raise their children to be happy, healthy and productive members of the community. Funds from the DoJiggy grant will be used to support the rigorous training of new volunteers who donate their time to serving these families.
* Everybody Eats! promotes socially, ecologically ad financially sustainable agriculture. Their mission is to increase local food capability by incubating new farms in Boulder county, Colorado and beyond, and providing food and farming opportunities for economically disadvantaged, immigrant and veteran populations. The DoJiggy grant will be used for recruitment efforts, training materials, translation services, hosting outreach events, and language assistance during training programs.
“The decision is always very difficult,” said Lisa Bennett, Giving Program Director. “It’s amazing to see how many different ways people dedicate their lives to making the world a better place, and we are proud to have a small role in supporting these organizations.”
When selecting award recipients, DoJiggy reviews the required criteria, but also strives to award organizations with diverse missions and goals. This year our grants will support: programs to enrich the lives of orphans by providing free education, offering treatment to those with mental illnesses, reducing cases of child abuse and neglect, providing local food and new farming opportunities, and offering assistance to families experiencing the pain of infant loss.
Founded in 2003 and based in Boulder, Colorado, DoJiggy is a leading provider of easy, affordable, online fundraising software and event management solutions for nonprofits, schools, churches and community organizations. Using the DoJiggy suite, customers implement online fundraising and event management with tools designed for golf tournaments, online donations, charity events, auctions, walk-a-thons and online pledge collections. Today the company helps more than 1,400 customers to plan and execute fundraising events and initiatives more effectively. www.DoJiggy.com