Montreal manufacturer of aluminum and glass building products makes mark globally for louvered glazing, skylights and solar shading
Unicel celebrates 50 years and thousands of installations around the world.
Online PR News – 04-February-2014 –MONTREAL, Canada – 2014 marks the 50th anniversary of Unicel Architectural, manufacturer of advanced aluminum and glass solutions that include louvered glazing, skylights and solar shading solutions. Founded in 1964 as a family enterprise, Unicel is today a global leader for building products that ensure privacy, safety, sustainability and longevity. Unicel credits much of its success over the years to its patented and award-winning Vision Control® hermetically sealed glass units with operable louvers for unprecedented comfort and control of vision, light, temperature and sound.
"Our mission has always been to deliver the best, most advanced aluminum and glass solutions for vision and daylight control," said Jean-Francois Couturier, CEO of Unicel Architectural. "Working with talented architects around the world, we were early champions of green building approaches and daylight-optimized design that puts people first. We have also been strong advocates for the importance of patient privacy in healthcare facilities to ensure optimum healing environments. While we have expanded globally in 50 years, we have always remained true to the founding family’s core values and focus on quality."
“Our mission has always been to deliver the best, most advanced aluminum and glass solutions for vision and daylight control.”
Unicel’s many achievements over the years include:
• 14 major industry awards for innovation and design which include a "World’s Six Best New Buildings" designation by Newsweek magazine for the Grand Rapids Art Museum that features Unicel daylighting solutions.
• Proven envelope solutions for LEED® certified buildings in hot and cold climates.
• Thousands of Vision Control® healthcare projects around the world making this the HIPAA-compliant privacy solution of choice for top-ranked hospitals.
• Over 100 educational building projects spanning North American schools, colleges and universities.
• Partnership with TGP for industry’s first UL fire-rated louvered glazing privacy solution which earned the USGlass Magazine "Product of the Year" Award in 2012.
• Skylight solutions that have surpassed rigorous industry environmental and climate testing for sophisticated internal drainage systems.
• Successful integration of Vision Control® louvered glazing into building automation systems for daylight and energy optimization.
• Full suite of adjustable sunlight and privacy control solutions that most recently grew to include motorized solar shading and Venetian blinds-in-glass.
To mark its 50th anniversary, Unicel has updated its brand mark to encompass a sleeker and more contemporary look. Throughout 2014, Unicel will be celebrating its 50th year with a series of promotional and educational events.
About Unicel Architectural
For 50 years, Unicel Architectural has built a reputation for the most advanced aluminum and glass solutions. These solutions encompass louvered glazing, skylights and more, to enhance major global construction initiatives with utmost quality and reliability. With its proprietary technology, Unicel’s Vision Control® delivers unprecedented comfort and control of vision, light, temperature and sound with a patented combination of louvers between glass that are hermetically sealed and cordless. Unicel’s solutions are guaranteed for longevity, optimized for energy efficiency, and customizable to any design, environmental or cultural requirements. Unicel combines its market leading know-how with great design to ensure optimal aesthetics and sustainable performance.