The Case Study seminar at LightFair 2014 in Las Vegas will explore GM Spring Hill, TN plants efforts to integrate lighting and BMS controls to achieve $2MM annual energy reduction.
Online PR News – 19-March-2014 – LAS VEGAS, NV – The 90 minute seminar will focus on General Motor’s evaluation & decision making process in choosing Kanepi Wireless Controls to achieve significant energy savings for the Spring Hill, TN campus. Members of General Motors and Kanepi Innovations will be present and speaking. The presentation will take place June 4th at 10:30am in the Technologies and Tools Track at LightFair International 2014 Conference at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The session includes three main areas of focus for General Motors to achieve a $2MM reduction in annual spend utilizing Kanepi Innovation’s integrated lighting & building management system.
“General Motors now uses electrical energy only when, where, and to what degree is necessary, automatically, with Kanepi.”
The session will examine GM’s efforts to:
1. Define the opportunity within the facility by examining existing infrastructure and software.
2. Selection & implemention of an integrated wireless controls system in an automotive manufacturing environment.
3. Commission the system and further energy optimization opportunities.
• How to translate annual energy reduction goals into specific, quantifiable projects.
• Scaling & scoping projects around annual energy reduction mandates, utility rebates, and tax incentives.
• Integrating existing BMS systems with new wireless controls and other control solutions.
• Pulling together a multi-disciplinary team for effective decision making.
Audience: Architect / Interior Designer, Contractor / Distributor, Lighting Designer / Engineer,
Manufacturer / Sales Representative, Owner / Facility Manager, Researcher / Educator / Student
For initial press coverage of the project see Spring Hill Changes the Lights to Cut Energy and Kanepi Innovations to speak at LightFair 2014.
Through use of Kanepi Wireless Controls, General Motors has the ability to schedule, manage, and monitor the use of electrical devices within the facility to ensure electrical energy is only consumed when and where necessary. The light fixtures are now optimized to custom tasks, areas, and schedules to correspond with specific facility operation. To learn more about the wireless Kanepi System visit: kanepiinnovations.com
Kanepi Innovations advances the way big buildings intelligently reduce their consumption of energy. Located in Grand Haven, MI, Kanepi Innovations manufactures and assembles all products in the U.S.A.