Next generation Non-Volatile DIMM designs to be presented Aug 5-7 in Santa Clara, Ca
Online PR News – 08-July-2014 – Santa Clara, CA – Flash Memory Summit (“FMS”), the world’s largest conference dedicated to flash memory and its applications, is pleased to announce presentations on the rapidly emerging Non-Volatile DIMM (“NVDIMM”) technology. NVDIMM is a complete subsystem designed using super-capacitors and multiple memory technologies, including flash memory. It improves overall speed and application performance, system crash recovery time, and SSD endurance and reliability. The 2014 FMS NVDIMM design presentations include:
Monday, August 4th
5:30 – 7 pm - Solid State Storage Reception
• An NVDIMM Overview with SanDisk’s Rob Callaghan. Free Admission. Please contact email@example.com to attend.
Wednesday, August 6th
9:45 – 10:50 am - Forum E-21: Controllers and Flash Technology Part 1: Hardware and Algorithms.
• NVDIMM Controller Architecture: Re-Defining Storage through DRAM with Paul Sweere of Viking Technology.
Session 202-A: Flash on the Memory Bus.
• The Case for Composite Memory DIMMs with Frank Ross of Micron.
Thursday, August 7th
2:40 – 3:55 pm - Session 303-B: Flash in the Memory Channel
• Benchmark: In-Memory Database System Deployed on NVDIMM with Steve Graves, CEO of McObject, and Jeff Chang of AgigA.
• Design Persistent Systems with NVDIMM by Henry Huang, Chief Technologist of Windawn Technology in China.
• DIMM-Connected Flash Integration through Storage Abstraction with Jeff Slapp of DataCore Software.
“We are delighted to feature the leaders in NVDIMM technology,” said Lance Leventhal, Flash Memory Summit Chairperson. “In the event of power failure, a typical environment needs UPSes to retain data. With NVDIMM, data can be saved in seconds and can be immediately available without bulky, expensive backup power.”
About the Flash Memory Summit
Flash Memory Summit showcases the mainstream applications, key technologies, and leading vendors that are driving the multi-billion dollar non-volatile memory and SSD markets. FMS is now the world’s largest event featuring the trends, innovations, and influencers driving the adoption of Flash memory. There are over 100 booths in the exhibit hall with 4,500+ projected registrants. FMS keynotes speeches include Steve Wozniak of Apple/Fusion-IO, Samsung, Marvell Semiconductor, IBM, NetApp, Nimbus Data Systems, Cadence Design Systems, PMC -Sierra, SanDisk, Microsoft, and Alibaba Cloud Computing Company. The 2014 event has record registration to date and takes place August 5-7 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.