Clete Madden of Medisend International celebrates the recent Arrival of medical disaster relief supplies in the Philippines.
Online PR News – 26-July-2014 – Dallas, Texas – Clete Madden is extremely proud to announce the recent arrival of a 40-foot container filled with medical supplies in the Philippines. The final destination for the shipment is the Tacloban City Hospital. These hospitals have been at the forefront of helping the survivors of Typhoon Haiyan (known as Typhoon Yolanda in the Philippines). The Tacloban hospital has been helping so many people that their supplies are severely depleted.
The Typhoon, when it made landfall was one of the strongest storms ever to do so and devastated the Philippines in November of 2013. Tacloban was virtually wiped off the map and the ruins inspired many people and countries all over the world to assist in the relief effort. As the news headlines have fallen away, so has the amount of relief supplies. Clete Madden and Medisend understand that getting medical equipment, and supplies to the hospital is still of vital importance and will save lives.
More than 600 people were killed in the Philippines making Typhoon Haiyan the deadliest Typhoon ever in the Philippines. Based on wind speed the typhoon was unofficially the strongest Typhoon ever. In the early morning on November 11th, the Typhoon struck. The storm surges, which are not normally associated with Typhoons, were devastating. Wind gust of up to 195 mph and massive waves created an atmosphere that was deadly to thousands.
Clete Madden can point out that when such devastation happens, recovery only comes at the end of a long road. It takes a significant amount of time and resources to recover from the devastation on such a high level and, unfortunately, many people let the recovery efforts falloff.
Some companies understand who important continued support is and have joined together to make the Philippines shipment from Medisend Possible:
• Strasburger Law Firm: One of the Premier Law firms in Texas. Located in Dallas, This Law Firm has a wide range of law that they practice. They also are committed to helping others in their community and around the world.
• ESI-Estech Systems is a Plano Texas-based Communications Company that designs its own business communications systems. It has given help on many occasions to Medisend and other great Nonprofits..
• MedSynergies is a company which focuses on improving the relationships between physicians and hospitals to get them working together to help patients and efficiencies. MedSynergies is focused on helping the communities they serve in every way they can.
• SB International Primarily makes oil tubes for companies in the Energy Sector. However, they also dedicate quite a few resources to nonprofits. In the past year alone they have donated to Medisend International, Dallas University and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical center.
• MAP International is a charity that works to promote Global Health. They work with Disaster relief efforts as well as donating millions of dollars worth of supplies to relief organizations such as Medisend.
As the Treasurer of Medisend International, Clete Madden is constantly working to help other people, and he appreciates these great organizations for their assistance in helping the people and communities devastated by Typhoon Haiyan.
About: Clete Madden is the treasurer of Medisend International, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit. Medisend has been helping in disaster situation since 1990.