Strategic Healthcare Programs Releases Revolutionary Interactive Hospitalization

Strategic Healthcare Programs, LLC (SHP), a Santa Barbara, California based healthcare performance improvement company, released its innovative solution to help home health agencies reduce hospitalizations, readmissions within 30 days, and emergent care visits.

Online PR News – 26-June-2012 – CA – Santa Barbara, CA, June 12, 2012 -- This suite of online, real-time, interactive analytic tools, two years in the making, comes to market just as hospitals face stiff penalties for excessive readmissions and while home health agencies look to partner with local hospitals in an effort to keep patients in their home and smooth the transition from acute care to home care.

According to Barbara Rosenblum, Founder and CEO of Strategic Healthcare Programs, "Reducing hospitalizations and readmissions has proven to be an elusive goal, showing little improvement over the last five years. However, as hospitals face penalties equivalent to 1% of their total Medicare billings in fiscal year 2013, 2% in 2014, and 3% in 2015, modest improvements are being noted – a clear sign that CMS' objective is being realized. Our latest product enhancement is designed to further that trend."

The interactive tool, part of the SHPSolutions™ platform, leverages SHP's automated, proprietary data interfaces to pull OASIS, Medicare final claims, and other data from home health agency operational software into the SHP national data repository. The Company's data analytics software analyzes hundreds of data points and posts the results for its clients within seconds. With this information, home health agencies are able to focus education, establish accountabilities, and share information with hospitals and referral sources.

Paula Suter, Director of Integrated Care Management at Sutter Care at Home (CSAH), commented, "As a healthcare provider, we have significant challenges due to limited resources and a growing population of patients with complex needs. Having a tool like the new Hospitalization and Emergent Care report from SHP allows us to maximize our ability to realize the best patient outcomes. Tracking outcomes related to our interventions, such as data related to 30-day re-admission rates, places us on the same page as our hospital partners in terms of goal alignment and moves us to meaningful collaboration and shared accountability."

The SHP national database demonstrates that 13.79% of all patients admitted to home care from an acute care hospital are readmitted within 30 days of their discharge. Since home health agencies' public scores are negatively impacted by hospitalizations that occur while a patient is under home health care, incentives between hospitals and home health agencies are finally aligned. In-depth hospitalization analysis and case studies conducted by SHP over the past 18 months will be presented in October 2012 at the annual National Association of Home Health and Hospice Conference in Orlando, Florida.

About SHP:
Founded in 1996, Strategic Healthcare Programs provides real-time, actionable information that informs both strategic enterprise planning and tactical operations management. Using a web-based dashboard, providers use the program to improve clinical outcomes, financial performance, patient satisfaction, and compliance with regulations.

Contact :
Stephen Garver
Strategic Healthcare Programs
510 Castillo, 2nd Floor
Santa Barbara, CA, 93101

Contact Information
Stephen Garver
Strategic Healthcare Programs