In recognition of the importance of promoting brand leadership in South Africa the Vega School of Brand Leadership recently hosted its 3rd bi-annual Fresh Cream Awards ceremony.
Online PR News – 08-October-2012 – Johannesburg, South Africa – In recognition of the importance of promoting brand leadership in South Africa the Vega School of Brand Leadership recently hosted its 3rd bi-annual Fresh Cream Awards ceremony.
At a ceremony held at the iconic Breytenbach Theatre, deserving students from Vega’s Pretoria campus were celebrated and given recognition for the extra effort they have invested into their academic work.
The Fresh Cream Awards aims to highlight and acknowledge the achievements of students in various course programmes, and inspire them to be highly creative and lateral in their thinking.
This year’s awards were highlighted by the first-time recognition of students undertaking a Creative Brand Communication degree.
Students were awarded according to designated categories. Rocket Awards were handed out to for academic achievement to top students in each subject, while Shooting Star Awards were given to students demonstrating exceptional talent within a field.
Ralf Degni, CEO of Vega School of Brand Leadership notes that the Fresh Cream Awards serves a specific purpose.
“Vega has long recognised that in order to motivate students to become brand revolutionaries in South Africa, it is imperative that they are honoured for the hard work and passion they display in taking creativity and innovation to new heights.
“The Fresh Cream Awards is the perfect vehicle to achieve this goal, and encourage even greater excellence and self-confidence amongst our students, by celebrating the significant strides they have made during their study journey at Vega.”
Winning students in the categories were:
• Brand Strategy 1A - Justin de Canha
• Critical Studies 1A - Casey de Menezes
• Creative Brand Communication - Nico Jansen van Resnburg
• Finance 1A - Katiso Mashilo
• Economics 1A - Casey de Menezes
• Organisational Studies - Brendan Linder
• Economics 2A - Akhona Gushman
• Critical Studies 2A - Brendan Linder
• Brand Strategy 2A - Wessel Neuhoff
• Brand and Brand Building - Mignon Tempel
• Introduction to Photography - Karolina Rupp
• Introduction to Visual Communication for Photographers – Karolina Rupp
• Stylistic and Critical Analysis - Anneri Marx
• Brand Building - Anneri Marx
• Creative Development - Anneri Marx
• Principles of Brand Management - Megan Kelly
• Creative Thinking - Ruan Deetlefs
• Principles of Integrated Brand Communication - Lerato Munyai
• Most Improved Photographer - Dimbiniaina Ramanoelina
• Best Conceptual Photographer - Tristan Hartley
Vega will award more pioneering and imaginative thinkers, when the second segment of Fresh Cream is held early next year.