E-cognosys Information Systems Private Limited, one of the few Indian technology companies at the leading edge of Data Analytics and Business Intelligence in the global markets, has got an investment of USD 550,000 from a UK based PE funding company.
Online PR News – 17-December-2012 – Mumbai – USD 550,000 Invested by UK PE Fund for BIG DATA ANALYTICS in Indian Company
- By Prabhat Sinha
E-cognosys Information Systems Private Limited, one of the few Indian technology companies at the leading edge of Data Analytics and Business Intelligence in the global markets, has got an investment of USD 550,000 from a UK based funding company to take its Big Data Analytics expertise to its next level. E-cognosys has been an early starter in the Big Data Analytics space in the global technology industry, and has already developed a top end product - IC 360 - with the view to engage business needs of creating a total Big Data analytics environment - the most advanced relay of unstructured data, and, synergizing both transactional and interactive data. IC 360 is a top end product that can make business and enterprise move rapidly into an environment of Real Time access to the most accurate, reliable and advanced formats of business information across industries. IC 360 offers robust decision making analytics and real time predictive analytics.
E-cognosys is an enterprise promoted by Manohar Sunkum, Dr Sunil Prabhakar, Devashish Mishra and Shantanu K Sharma - all with over 20 years experience each in technology expertise at its highest standards of excellence. Established in 2010 in India as a Offshore Development Centre to support their On-site office in Minneapolis in USA, e-cognosys caters to a wide range of Industry Verticals. Boosted by the additional funds of USD 550,000, E-cognosys is now setting up its next Hi Tech Development Centre at Hyderabad. Currently E-cognosys has a world class development centre in Mumbai India, and Minneapolis, USA. At the cutting edge of BIG DATA ANALYTICS and Bi on Cloud technologies, the Hyderabad Development Centre of E-cognosys includes the some of the most innovative practices across its value chain of operations. The Centre will offer the most advanced technology environment based on unstructured data matching the highest benchmarks and standards of global excellence. Across its lab centers, application and solutions creation, and the product development centers E-cognosys has designed CMMI processes to offer its customers a wide ranging services matching the best global standards. E-cognosys has its sales offices are based in the UK and France in the European market, Mumbai in the Asian market and Minneapolis in the US market. E-cognosys has further initiated a process to have a global sales office in California, besides regional sales offices in Dubai for the Middle East market and Kuala Lumpur for the South East Asian market.
About the Promoters
Manohar Sunkum - President and CEO
• M.S in Computer Science from University of Minnesota & Graduate from B.I.T.S Pilani
• More than two decades of experience in Enterprise Data Management, SOA, Business Intelligence, web and internet technologies.
• Strength areas strategizing, architecting and designing solutions for large projects.
• Vertical markets like Healthcare, Insurance, Retail, Airlines, Manufacturing, online services, e-commerce, e-business and personalization.
Shantanu Sharma - Director Global Sales
• Master's degree from IIT Roorkee and Business Administration from IIM Bangalore.
• Global experience in sales and business management in IT Solutions and Services industry.
• He has pioneered IT outsourcing services/products positioning strategies and has experience in successfully defined strategies to enter new markets and industries.
• He was instrumental in establishing Joint Venture in France.
• Expertise in strategic planning, business expansion and customer-centric delivery solutions.
Devasish Misra - Director Operations
• Management Graduate from B.I.T.S Pilani and has more than 21 years of experience.
• Expertise in managing business, human resources, investments and day-to-day operations.
• As an Entrepreneur successfully run DNS Network Services which was focused on Telecom, Content Management, Media and Entertainment sector.
• Worked in UAE, USA, Europe and Far East market on OSD projects.
• Has a strong history of organization leadership in the areas of operations, strategy, setting up offshore development centers, fundraising and mergers & acquisitions.
Dr. Sunil Prabhakar - Chief of R&D
• Dr. Prabhakar is a Professor and Head of Computer Science Dept. at Purdue Univ.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science from University of California and a B.Tech in EEE from IIT Delhi.
• His research focuses on performance and privacy issues in large-scale, modern database applications and integrity and privacy for outsourced databases including cloud databases.
• Research areas like Managing data uncertainty, Sensor and Moving Object databases, Biological Databases, I/O optimizations for modern applications, QoS in Multimedia Databases, Database Privacy, Security and Watermarking, Shape Similarity Retrieval for CAD databases.