IEEE Computer Society, the community for technology leaders, is offering students a special rate for 2013 that includes membership in IEEE.
Online PR News – 13-February-2013 – Washington, DC – LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., 8 February, 2013 – IEEE, the world's largest professional association for the advancement of technology, and access to the Digital Library, which includes nearly a half-million peer-reviewed technology articles.
"Membership in IEEE and IEEE Computer Society is a great way to connect with other students through chapters and conferences," said Violet Doan, IEEE Computer Society Membership Director. "And the 24-7 access to a full library of authoritative articles and magazines is tremendously useful for students working on research projects or assignments."
The student member package includes:
* A monthly digital subscription to Computer magazine
* All Computer Society peer-reviewed periodicals with full archives, covering the spectrum of computing and information technology
* 4,450+ conference publications from around the globe
* 470,000 quality articles and papers for serious research or quick answers
* FREE development software from Microsoft, including Visual Studio Team System,
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, OneNote 2010, Project 2010, and Visio 2010
* Access to 600 technical books from Safari Books Online
* Access to hundreds of online courses in a variety of technical and business topics, and organized into 16 KnowledgeCenters, and
* Valuable networking opportunities through local chapters.
Student members are also eligible to apply for more than 30 scholarships, fellowships, and awards, as well as hundreds of conference travel grants. To take advantage of this special offer, visithttp://www.computer.org/portal/web/studentoffer.
About the IEEE Computer Society
The IEEE Computer Society is the world’s leading computing membership organization and the trusted information and career-development source for a global workforce of technology leaders including: professors, researchers, software engineers, IT professionals, employers, and students. The unmatched source for information technology training, inspiration, and collaboration, the IEEE Computer Society is the source that computing professionals trust to provide high-quality, state-of-the-art information on an on-demand basis. The Computer Society provides a wide range of forums for top minds to come together, including technical conferences, publications, and a comprehensive digital library online, unique training webinars, professional training - e-learning courses, and a Corporate Affiliate Program to help organizations increase their staff’s technical knowledge and expertise. To find out more about the community for technology leaders, visit http://www.computer.org.