Fashion Week, the James Beard Awards, Time 100 Gala, U.S. Open, and more top the list of New York’s most influential annual events.
Online PR News – 04-March-2014 – New York, NY – Today, BizBash released New York’s Top 100 Events 2014 list, featuring the most powerful events—from advertising and technology, to fashion, entertainment, sports, and more. BizBash editors determined the events on this list by several factors including economic impact, buzz, innovation, and the event’s prominence within the communities it intends to serve.
"New York's event calendar has no shortage of influential gatherings that take place year after year. The landscape is diverse and certainly gives other cities a run for their money when it comes to big names, fund-raising numbers, and press mentions," says BizBash executive editor Anna Sekula. "But it certainly changes, too. The past few years have seen the thriving local tech scene lead to a number of prominent conferences, from Internet Week to the New York Tech Meetup and Wired's BizCon. And there are new entries alongside long-established events, like the Forbes 400 Summit on Philanthropy, the Frieze Art Fair, and Governors Ball Music Festival.”
Category leaders for New York’s Top 100 Events 2014 include:
• Advertising Industry: Advertising Week
• Art, Design & Architecture Events: The Armory Show/Armory Arts Week
• Benefits: The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute Benefit
• Beauty Industry: Fragrance Foundation Awards
• Entertainment Industry: Upfront Week
• Fashion Industry: Fashion Week
• Food and Restaurant Industry: James Beard Awards
• Hospitality Industry: International Hotel, Motel, and Restaurant Show
• Media Industry: Time 100 Gala
• Parades, Festivals & Holiday Events: Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
• Political & Diplomatic Events: Clinton Global Initiative
• PR Industry: P.R.S.A.’s Silver Anvil Awards
• Sports Events: U.S. Open
• Tech: Internet Week
• Trade Shows & Conventions: New York International Auto Show
BizBash is an innovator and resource hub for the event and meeting industry with its website, live events, and magazines. Event organizers responsible for events such as White House state dinners and the Oscars, as well as conferences, trade shows, fund-raisers, and more, use BizBash products regularly for ideas and best practices that can be implemented at their own events. Visit us at www.bizbash.com, and follow us at @BizBash and www.facebook.com/bizbash.